Sometimes sweet . . . Sometimes tart . . . Always a slice of life.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Oh Well!


You may have noticed that the ads are missing from my blogs. Initially, I thought my computer was blocking them. Then I checked my blog’s email account and read the following message from AdSense:

After reviewing our records, we've determined that your AdSense account
poses a risk of generating invalid activity. Because we have a responsibility
to protect our AdWords advertisers from inflated costs due to invalid activity,
we've found it necessary to disable your AdSense account. Your outstanding
balance and Google's share of the revenue will both be fully refunded back to
the affected advertisers.

I don’t know how any “invalid activity” happened (see Tech Team blog, 12/30/09). I know that I’m not supposed to click on any of the ads, and I haven’t. I was excited to see who was advertising on my blog. There was a biggie from the quilting world, Nancy Ziemann; and on the oyster harvesting blog, Nocona boots showed up. It just figures, I thought I was getting close to earning $50—the minimum needed for them to issue a check.
In the meantime, I’ve filed an appeal. We’ll see what happens. If the ads come back, please continue to click on the ones you’re interested in. Maybe one of my new readers is an online shopaholic, or has an antsy index finger, and clicked too much. Who knows?
If I lose the appeal, then my blog will just look cleaner. Oh well! Thanks for reading me with or without ads!

No comments:

Post a Comment